Codeigniter is a MVC Framework
What is MVC?
MVC Stands for Model, View, and Controller
- Model work as back-end.
- Model deals with back-end operations.
- Fetch data from database and send to the controller
- View work as front-end.
- View deals with front-end operations.
- Display data and capture user action
- Send user action to the controller
Controller works as intermediator between model and view.
Advantage of MVC
- Reduce code flexibility
- Code Reusability
- Easy to manage
- Code readability
What is the framework ?
Framework is a collection of reusable libraries. which mean how to reuse the code.
why we use CodeIgniter
- Lightweight(consumer low memory)
- Easy to learn
- Good documentation (https://www.codeigniter.com/docs)
How to install CodeIgniter
Download the code from https://www.codeigniter.com/
Extract the zip file and paste in the root directory
Rename the directory(if you want)
run the CodeIgniter (https://localhost/directory_name)