User Management System in PHP using Stored Procedure
|Project Name||User Management System in PHP Stored Procedure|
|Language Used||PHP5.6, PHP7.x|
|Web Browser||Mozilla, Google Chrome, IE8, OPERA|
|Software||XAMPP / Wamp / Mamp/ Lamp (anyone)|
|Last Updated||10 November 2022|
A stored procedure is a set of SQL commands that have been compiled and stored on the database server.
Once the stored procedure has been “stored”, client applications can execute the stored procedure over and over again without sending it to the database server again and without compiling it again.
Stored procedures improve performance by reducing network traffic and CPU load.
Comparison with dynamic SQL
- Remove overhead
- Avoidance of network traffic
- Encapsulation of business logic
- Delegation of access-rights
- Some protection from SQL injection attacks
This project have two modules
- User Module
- Admin Module
- User can signup
- User can log in to the system.
- User Password Recovery
- After login user can edit his/her own profile.
- Change password.
- Admin can log in to the system.
- Admin Password Recovery.
- After login admin can view the admin dashboard.
- Manage all the user(Update and delete the user profile).
- Change Password.
Stored Procedure used in this Project
- sp_signup (used for user signup)
- sp_checkemailavailabilty (check the email available for registration or not)
- sp_userpwdrecoveryvalidation (used for password recovery user validation)
- sp_userpwdrecoveryvalidation (if user details verified by the above-stored procedure then it will reset the user password)
- sp_userprofile (used to view user profile)
- sp_userupdateprofile (used to update the user profile details) Note: This procedure used in both module
- sp_useremailupdation (used to update user email id) Note: This procedure used in both module
- sp_usercurrentpwdvalidate (used to valid user current password for change password)
- sp_userchangepwd (if the password is validated by the above-stored procedure then this stored procedure used to change the user password)
- sp_adminlogin (used for admin login)
- sp_adminpwdrecoveryvalidation (used for password recovery admin validation)
- sp_adminpasswordrecovery (if admin details verfied by above stored procedure then it will reset the admin password)
- sp_adminprofile (used to view admin profile details)
- sp_admindashboard (used for admin dashboard)
- sp_recent15users (used to view the 15 recent registered user at dashboard)
- sp_allregisteredusers (used to view all registered users)
- sp_userdeletion (used to delete user profile)
- sp_userupdateprofile (used to updat the user profile details) Note: This procdure used in both module
- sp_useremailupdation (used to update user email id) Note: This procdure used in both module
- sp_admincurrentpwdvalidate (used to valid admincurrent password for change password)
- sp_adminchangepwd (if the password is validate by above stored procedure then this store used to change the admin password)
How to run the User Management System in PHP Stored Procedure
1.Download the zip file
2.Extract the file and copy ums-sp folder
3.Paste inside root directory(for xampp xampp/htdocs, for wamp wamp/www, for lamp var/www/html)
4.Open PHPMyAdmin (http://localhost/phpmyadmin)
5.Create a database with name umspsdb
6.Import regdb.sql file(given inside the zip package in SQL file folder)
7.Run the script http://localhost/ums-sp
or Register a new user