Garbage Management System using PHP and MySQL
The world is in a stage of upgradation, there is one stinking problem we have to deal with. Garbage! In our daily life, we see pictures of garbage bins being overfull and all the garbage spills out. This leads to the number of diseases and insects and mosquitoes breed on it. A big challenge in urban cities is solid waste management not only in India but in most countries in the world. Hence, such a system has to be built that can eradicate this problem or at least reduce it to the minimum level.
|Project Name||Garbage Management Project (Using PHP & MYSQLi)|
|Language Used||PHP5.6, PHP7.x|
|Web Browser||Mozilla, Google Chrome, IE8, OPERA|
|Software||XAMPP / Wamp / Mamp/ Lamp (anyone)|
The garbage management System Project is a Web-based application.
In Garbage Management Project, we use PHP and MySQL database. It has three modules
- Admin is the super user of the website who can manage everything on the website. Admin can log in through the login page.
- Dashboard: In this section, admin can view all the detail in brief like new lodged complaints, Assigned lodged complaints, Rejected lodged complaints, Completed lodged complaints, total drivers,total bin cleaning in progress, and total bin cleaned.
- Create Bin: In this section, admin can manage bin(add/update/del).
- Driver: In this section, admin can manage driver(add/update/del).
- Pages: In this section, admin can manage about us and contact us pages.
- Complain: In this section, admin can view the complain which is received by users and assign it to the driver.
- Driver Complain Response: In this section, admin views the status of complain which is marked by or done by the driver.
- Driver Bin Response: In this section, the admin views the status of the bin which is marked by or done by the driver.
- Search: In this section, admin can search the bin allotted to the driver and lodge complaint by bin id and complain number respectively.
- Reports: In this section, admin can generate between dates reports of the following details.
a)Bin Cleaning Between dates report.
b) Driver-wise bin cleaning report.
c)Lodged complain between dates report
d)Driver wise complain lodged report
Reg Users: In this section, admin can view the details of registered users.
Admin can also update his profile, change the password and recover the password.
- Dashboard: In this section, driver can view all the detail, in brief, like assign complaints, in progress lodged complaints, competed lodged complaints, assign garbage bin, bin cleaning in progress, and total bin cleaned by him/her.
- Assign Complain: In this section, the driver can view the assigned lodged complaint which is given by the admin, and also have the right to change the status of work.
- Assign Garbage Bin: In this section, the driver can view the assigned garbage bin which is given by admin, and also have right to change the status of work.
- Search: In this section, driver can search the bin allotted to him/her and lodge complaint by bin id and complain number respectively.
- Reports: In this section, driver can view reports of the following details.
a)Collected Bin Report: In this report, driver can view the count of work assigned, completed work, and remaining work between two dates.
b)Lodged Complain Report: In this report, driver can view the count of assign complain, completed complain and remaining complain between two dates.
The driver can also update his profile, change the password and recover the password.
- Dashboard: It is a welcome page for users.
- Lodged Complain: In this section, the user can lodge the complain.
- Complain History: In this section, user can view the status of lodged complain
- Search: In this section, use can search his/her own lodged complain details with the help complain number.
User can also update their profile, change their password and recover the password.
Some of the Project Screens
User sign up
User lodge Complain
How to run the Garbage Management Project Using PHP and MySQL
1. Download the zip file
2. Extract the file and copy
3.Paste inside root directory(for xampp xampp/htdocs, for wamp wamp/www, for lamp var/www/HTML)
4.Open PHPMyAdmin (http://localhost/phpmyadmin)
5. Create a database with the name
garbagemsdb.sql file(given inside the zip package in the SQL file folder)
7. Run the script
Credential for admin panel :
Credential for driver panel :
Or Register a new driver.
Credential for User panel :
Or Register a new User.